Reading – Water Is Life

I had to read a poem called water is life of water.

First I had to highlight with my reading group and we had to comment on what the words meant if they were yellow. Then wehad to choose the best word or group of words to fit the passage and put a ring around your choice. And we had to write what was happening in the first verse and the secound, and what was happening in the book. Why is the word ‘drip’ used several times in the first line? Because there is so much droplets dripping, Why do you think the author describes icicles as ‘acrobats’? Because it might be curved or shaped like one.

Next we had to answer what would you say was the main difference between the first verse and the second verse I wrote:

That the first verse was talking about droplets of water going down a window pane and breakers and the second wit sad eyes children because they had no water.

Why do you think the author ends the poem with the statement ‘Water is life!’? Because water helps people live and let’s plants grow

Lastly I had to write a poem but I couldnt so I wrote an acrostic poem i had to write it about water, I wrote:

Title : 

W – Winding rivers carrying water.

A – Aquariums 

T – The ocean

E – Exciting waves 

R – Roaring waves

One thought on “Reading – Water Is Life

1. Kia ora Kane,
    Tino pai to mahi! I enjoyed reading your recount of what you had to complete this week for reading. I especially liked the inference you made about why the author might have decided to describe icicles as acrobats.

Ka mau te wehi.